Nu-Mesh® PDO sutures are the latest and revolutionary treatment for skin tightening and lifting. The threads are made of PDO (polydioxanone) material which is similar to the threads used in surgical stitches, PDO sutures will continuously stimulate collagen synthesis under skin. When inserted into the skin, the PDO threads act as a “scaffold” for the skin which helps to “hold” the skin against the effects of gravity and aging. The “mesh” of threads will also shape the face by lifting and supporting sagging structures. These thread sutures are absorbable in 4-6 months leaving nothing behind but the skin structure created which typically continues to give results for up to 2 years.*
BENEFITS OF PDO THREADS*
- The procedure is safe, no down time and no surgery.
- It can be done under local anesthesia and generally it will only take 30 minutes of your time.*
- There is no scar, no swelling.
- The result is immediate and long lasting.
- The presence of the threads are thought to trigger collagenesis and as the threads are reabsorbed you will benefit from the new collagen present in your skin.
- Reduces sagging, tighter contours which can last up to 2 years.*
- Reversal of their effect is possible quite easy with any RF or IPL device
WHO WILL BENEFIT?
Thread Face Lifting is suited for patients who are experiencing the traditional signs of aging such as sagging in their face and loss of volume. Thread Lifting can create a dramatic improvement to any area of the face which needs a lifting effect. Typically, the desirable effects take place from immediate to over the subsequent 2- 3 weeks. Additional improvement will occur over time as a result of the collagen stimulating effect of the threads.*
HOW DOES PDO THREAD LIFT WORK?
PDO (polydioxanone) is the material used in surgical stitches. When the PDO threads are introduced into the skin, they acts as a “scaffold” for the skin which helps to “hold” the skin against the effects of gravity. The procedure itself is considered to be a non surgical technique because there is no incision or traditional cutting of the skin. Tiny entry holes are made into the areas where the threads will be inserted. The procedure itself takes approx. 10-30 minutes depending on how many areas will be treated.*
There are two different types of threads used for the Thread Face Lift:
- Suspension, Smooth Threads- These threads need to be attached to a firm surface such as the scalp or face.
- Barbed Threads (Cogged) – This variety of threads have tiny cogs within the thread itself and attach to the skin itself. They are used primarily for lifting. The number of threads used depends on the area being treated, i.e. full face 18-20 threads, checks 2-3 each.
WHAT AREAS OF THE BODY AND FACE CAN BE TREATED WITH PDO THREAD LIFT SUTURES?
PDO Threads can be used for lifting forehead lines, flaccid eyelid tissue, lower eyelids, cheeks, nasolabial folds, lip commissure, skin furrows (neck and cheek wrinkles), jowls, double chin, cleavage, and other parts of the body
For any additional information or to schedule a consultation please call us at 914-730-3333