Hand Rejuvenation Tailored to Your Cosmetic Needs
Regularly wearing sunscreen and leading a healthy lifestyle can help slow down the aging process, but the skin will inevitably lose its bright and firm complexion over time. Your hands can be one of the most obvious indicators of your age because most patients focus on treating facial aging while neglecting other areas. Similarly to the face, the hands tend to show visible signs of aging, such as skin laxity, age spots, wrinkles, and volume loss. They are also highly noticeable features, usually second only to the face. If you are unhappy with the appearance of your hands, Park Avenue Medical Spa can provide you with the youthful aesthetic you desire using various hand rejuvenation methods.
Hand Rejuvenation Treatments We Offer
- Microdermabrasion: The microdermabrasion devices produces gentle mechanical exfoliation that removes dead cells from the surface of the skin and triggers the production of youthful collagen.
- IPL therapy: This approach is ideal for correcting pigmentation and textural issues using intense pulsed light (IPL) technology. Pairing it with microdermabrasion often produces the best result.
- Chemical peels: This hand rejuvenation technique involves applying a specialized chemical formula to the skin to reveal healthier tissue beneath. By selecting this treatment, patients can address multiple concerns, including hyperpigmentation, and facial creases.
- Laser skin resurfacing: Patients with extensive skin damage and more noticeable signs of aging can benefit from laser skin resurfacing, which stimulates collagen production with penetrative laser energy. The result is natural rejuvenation that improves over time.
- Dermal fillers: Volume loss can result in wrinkles and the appearance of paper-thin skin on the back of the hands. Fillers can be injected into the hands to replenish volume and create a smoother, firmer surface.
Preparing for Hand Rejuvenation Treatment
Generally, hand rejuvenation patients are advised to prepare for their procedure by stopping all use of blood-thinning medications and supplements. Alcohol, certain multivitamins, aspirin, vitamin E, and St. John’s Wort, for example, should be avoided for at least one week before your scheduled appointment. Doing so can minimize the risk of bruising and inflammation after the procedure and produce a better overall result.
The recovery process after hand rejuvenation varies depending on the techniques used and the individual healing time of the patient. It is common for patients to develop minor side effects, such as swelling and bruising, following hand rejuvenation treatment. Any discomfort that occurs will likely be minimal and can be managed with over-the-counter medication if needed.
Is Hand Rejuvenation for Me?
If you are concerned about prominent veins, visible tendons, sun damage, and crepey skin on the surface of your hands, you may consider hand rejuvenation treatment. The ideal candidates for hand rejuvenation have no allergies, do not take blood thinning medication, and are in good health free from autoimmune diseases. The best way to find out if this treatment is right for you is by scheduling a private consultation, during which your condition will be assessed as well as your personal preferences.
At Park Avenue Medical Spa in Armonk, all hand rejuvenation treatments are performed by our highly trained staff led by our aesthetic expert Dr. Anca Tchelebi-Moscatello, M.D. Cost varies from patient-to-patient, so please call 914-730-3333 to find out about current pricing. We are happy to serve the communities of Armonk, Greenwich, and Westchester. Schedule a hand rejuvenation consultation to learn more!