Treatment Guide: The Perfect Medical Spa Services for Acne
Acne can be one of the most annoying facial concerns for people. It can cause you to be self-conscious and want to hide your face. It can make you try many different acne-clearing products from the store. It can even go away and then show up, unexpectedly, at the worst possible times. There are so many reasons to be frustrated by acne, but there are also so many ways to treat acne!
At Park Avenue Medical Spa, we offer many different treatment methods to control your acne and prevent it from appearing. Whether your acne is due to age, stress, hormones, or environmental factors, we can help to provide you with a clearer complexion and a new skincare routine that will help keep your skin looking clean, healthy, and rejuvenated.
What Is Acne?
Acne comes in many different forms, like blackheads, whiteheads, and cystic acne, and it typically appears on the face, forehead, chest, upper back, and shoulders. Acne can be caused by these four main factors:
- Excess oil production
- Clogged hair follicles from dead skin cells and oils
Discovering Your Triggers
If your acne comes and goes, then figuring out your triggers is a good way to try to combat any acne you may experience. Hormonal acne is most often found in pre-teen or teen boys and girls and pregnant women. Certain medications can also cause acne to show up in men and women at any age. And your diet has a huge impact on your skin. If you are eating greasy chips, bread, and other carbohydrate-rich foods as well as drinking soda or alcoholic beverages, then acne may appear much more than you’d like it to. What goes in your body has to come out somehow, and oftentimes, it shows up on your skin. Changing your diet to healthier foods and hydrating well with water can truly improve your complexion and the way your body and skin feel.
What Treatments Can Help Me?
At Park Avenue Medical Spa, we offer a variety of services that can help you treat, manage, and maintain your acne. A consultation with Dr. Tchelebi and our skincare experts can help determine which treatment would be best for your skin. Some of them may require multiple sessions, but this information will be provided to you during your consultation.
For acne treatments, we offer:
- Facials: Exfoliates, extracts, and cleanses the skin to revitalize and rejuvenate dull skin.
- Venus Viva™: RF energy heats the skin to stimulate collagen to achieve smoother, clearer, and younger-looking skin.
- Phototherapy: Uses thermal energy to heat the outermost layers of the skin to stimulate new collagen, resulting in smoother, more vibrant, and younger-looking skin.
- Fotona SP Dynamis: Dual-laser wavelengths are used to heat the layers of skin to promote collagen production and reduce inflammation.
- Microdermabrasion: Tiny crystals exfoliate old, damaged skin and dead cells, leaving your skin soft, smooth, and firmer than before.